Harvard works to improve bicycle access, mobility, and safety around campus. Through these efforts, Harvard has installed thousands of bike parking spaces including covered and secure locations. Racks are primarily installed and maintained by building managers.
Unless otherwise noted, campus racks are for short term bicycle parking only, defined as three or less consecutive days. Bicycles parked on racks for prolonged periods, or bicycles showing signs of abandonment, are subject to removal.
Bicycle parking on all Harvard bike racks require a Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) sticker.
If your bicycle is missing please contact HUPD: 617.495.1215
- Francis Avenue Bike Shelter – 23 Francis Ave, Cambridge, MA
- Harvard Law School – 1563 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA
- Smith Campus Center Garage – 1350 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA
Covered locations are only for short term bicycle parking and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Broadway Garage Bike Parking – 53 Felton St, Cambridge, MA
- 5 Cowperthwaite Garage Bike Parking (for garage parking permit holders) - 5 Cowperthwaite St, Cambridge, MA
Please email CommuterChoice or call 617.384.7433 to request bicycle parking access for these two locations.
There are several bike cages in the Longwood Medical Area. Details are here.