The pre-tax parking reimbursement benefit is available for all full time benefits eligible employees without a Harvard Annual Parking Permit. This benefit allows commuters to set aside money, up to $255*/month, on a pre-tax basis and be reimbursed from the fund for out-of-pocket, work related, parking expenses incurred in combination with daily transit, walking or bicycling commutes. If you would like to switch from an Annual Parking Permit to Transit, please follow review the FAQ's.
To take advantage of this benefit you will need to complete the following two steps:
Step 1. Enroll in the program:
Log into Online Portal
- Enter your Harvard credentials
- Hover your mouse over Place An Order
- Click Parking
- Click on Enroll in Cash Reimbursement
- Enter the amount per month that you would like to elect. For example a commuter parking at the Alewife Lot in September spends $140 per month (20 work days excluding Labor Day at $7/day = $140) you would enter $140. Please note: This amount can be adjusted from month to month.
- Click Yes or No for your choice of recurring options
- Click Enroll
- Certify that your order is correct
- Click Purchase
Step 2: Submit a parking reimbursement form within 180 days of expense.
- Claims can be filed online or by submitting a Harvard University Parking Reimbursement Claim form
- A check will be sent to you at the address you have listed in PeopleSoft or you can sign up for direct deposit using the instructions below:
To sign up for direct deposit:
- Log into your account
- Click Profile from the menu at the top of the screen
- Click Edit in the Direct Deposit Information section at the bottom of the page Enter your banking information and click submit
For more information please refer to the Pre-Tax Parking Reimbursement FAQ's.
Click here to obtain the Pre-Tax Parking Reimbursement Request Form. This option should be used only if online submission for reimbursement is not possible.
*Determined by the IRS and subject to change.