The MBTA has announced that they will be extending their credit policy to May passes when certain deadlines and/or mailing documentation by the user are met. Please share this time-sensitive message with any colleagues who may not know about these credit opportunities.
If you do not plan on using your May pass and would like to receive credit for it, please follow the instructions below.
1. MBTA PERQ CharlieCard (LinkPass, Local bus pass, electronic inner/outer express pass):
Due to our transition to Edrenred, new passes were mailed out at the end of March and recurring orders will be automatically reloaded onto that same pass. If you do not use your Perq CharlieCard in the month of May, a full credit will be applied to your account. Please continue to hold onto your Perq CharlieCard for future usage.
However, if you use your card just once in the month of May, you will not be credited for any pass value.
2. Commuter Passes (Commuter Rail Zone 1A through Zone 10, paper inner and outer express bus monthly pass, interzone monthly pass, monthly boat pass, Senior / TAP):
Pass must be returned to Edenred by May 8th to receive a credit on your commuter account.
Passes must be mailed to:
Edenred Customer Returns, PO Box 540515, Waltham, MA 02454. Credits will be applied in accordance with Edenred standard processing policies and IRS regulations. Please include your fulfillment letter, which will arrive in the envelope with your May pass, along with the returned pass, so Edenred can track who the returned pass belongs to. To receive credit for your returned May order, you must mail back your original pass. Photocopies are not accepted as returns.
Due to the short return window, we highly advise that Commuter Rail Passes are returned using USPS priority or express mail with insurance. Passes that are not received by the deadlines noted will not receive an account credit, thus the responsibility to return and document that return rests with the passholder.
The USPS allows you to purchase and print postage at home, and schedule next-day pickup for free. For more information visit usps.com.
Please do not utilize FedEx or UPS as they do not deliver to PO Boxes.
3. Commuter Check Voucher and Mastercard:
Funds will not expire and can be used toward future benefit months. Returns not accepted.
Vanpool members must reach out directly to their vanpool provider and request April funds be sent back to Edenred. If funds are returned by your vanpool provider, Edenred will credit your commuter account.
RIPTA passes must be returned to Edenred at Edenred Customer Returns, PO Box 540515, Waltham, MA 02454 by May 5th to receive a credit on your commuter account.
June 2020 Transit Elections
You may cancel or edit your June transit order by May 10th by calling 888.235.9223 or:
- Log in to the Edenred Commuter Benefits Site by visiting: www.commuterchoice.harvard.edu/mbta, and use your Harvard Key credentials.
- Your current order should appear on the dashboard. Hover over the ‘Options’ button, and click ‘Edit Order’ to ‘Opt Out’ of May or ‘Delete Order’ indefinitely.
- For more information please refer to this tutorial.
Update on April Credits:
Edenred and the MBTA are working diligently to process credits. Please allow 30-90 days for the credits to be added to your account. You may check if they have been processed by logging into your dashboard at www.commuterchoice.harvard.edu/mbta and navigating to an "Adjustments/Credits" box on the homepage.
Employees who had leftover transit and/or parking balances on their WageWorks account will have those credits added by May 11th.
CommuterChoice will continue to monitor MBTA policies relating to service and fare impacts and we will provide any updates via email and at www.commuterchoice.harvard.edu. Thank you for your understanding and patience during these difficult times. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees who will keep their April transit order can refer to these reminders about our new transit benefit provider, Edenred Commuter Benefits.
- The CommuterChoice Team
- Q. When and how will the April credit be reflected?
- A. Your credit will be reflected on your transit election dashboard by late May and will be automatically applied to a future order.
- Q. What should I do with my Perq CharlieCard if I do not plan on using it?
- A. Please hold onto it until we receive further instructions from the MBTA.
Spanish tranlation for 4/23/20 email:
Spanish translation for 3/20/20 email: