New Student & Tenant Parkers
- You may fill out an application at the Parking Office, or you may click here for a PDF application, which you can either submit by e-mail or bring into the Parking Office when you pick up your permit. Please see our Parking Map for more information. Please note that submitting an application ahead of your arrival on campus will not reserve a parking permit.
- Annual permits are not valid until July 1st for each academic year. If you arrive on campus and need to park before your permit becomes valid, you may purchase a temporary permit for an additional fee. Please inquire about this when picking up your annual permit. Permits that are valid for the academic year that are displayed before July 1st are subject to ticket and/or tow.
- You will not be charged for your permit until you pick it up. You may pay for your permit by cash, check, credit card, or term bill. Payment is due up front when you pick up your permit, in full.
Any student or tenant with an outstanding citation balance will not be issued a permit until all fees are paid.
You must show the following documents in order to be issued your permit:
- Valid Harvard ID. If no photo ID has yet been issued, please be prepared to show driver’s license, and documentation stating your affiliation with the University (course registration, University housing agreement, etc.)
- Housing agreement or lease. All residents of Harvard University Housing must provide this documentation in order to be considered for on-site parking. Without this documentation, students will be placed in the One Western Avenue garage.
Harvard University Parking maintains garages and uncovered lots close to many Harvard University Housing facilities. In general, residents should apply for parking in the facility associated with their property; proof of residency is required for the permit to be issued. If no parking is available at that facility, a parking representative will work with you to find another location. All Harvard University Housing residents are eligible to request a permit for the One Western Avenue garage.
Following is a list of our larger facilities. If you do not see one near your property, please send an email to the Parking Office or call 617 496-7827 for more information.
|One Western Avenue||5 Cowperthwaite Street||10 Akron Street|
|29 Garden Street||1201 Mass Ave||Botanic Gardens|
|DeWolfe Street (very limited availability)||Peabody Terrace|
Uncovered Surface Lots:
|Grant Street||Holden Green||Mellen Street|
|Shaler Lane (very limited availability)||Ware Street||27 Everett|