Please log in to the new Edenred site at www.commuterchoice.harvard.edu/mbta with your Harvard Key by March 4 to confirm, change or place an order for your April pass on the new Edenred site. If you need to replace your CharlieCard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see key updates about your new Edenred pass that you may begin using on April 1.
The new URL to access WageWorks is www.commuterchoice.harvard.edu/wageworks and it will prompt you for your Harvard Key. You may continue to submit pre-tax parking claims or download order history through March 31, 2020.
As part of our continued effort to provide the highest quality transportation benefits to our employees, we are excited to announce that Harvard will be changing our commuter benefits provider to Edenred Commuter Benefit Solutions, effective with the April 2020 benefit month. The benefit will not change, just the provider and ordering platform.
Highlights of the new provider:
- They're local, based in Waltham
- More efficient pass-replacement process
- Quality customer service experience
- User-friendly ordering platform
- Emergency Ride Home program administration
Emergency Ride Home Updates:
- Program now called Guaranteed Ride Home
- Cambridge and Allston-based employees can submit claims through the Edenred platform
- All other program procedures and requirements are the same. You can view them here
Please refer to these helpful guides:
As part of the transition to Edenred Commuter Benefits, all CharlieCard/Perq CharlieCard users will receive a brand new Perq CharlieCard in late March. Your CharlieCard distributed by WageWorks will be deactivated indefinitely. To reduce our environmental impact, CommuterChoice will be collecting plastic MBTA cards (Bus/Subway, Commuter Rail, Ferry) and recycling them in a separate zero waste stream.
How to recycle your inactive plastic MBTA card, beginning April 1, 2020:
- Drop off your pass to the nearest card-recycling station to you: CommuterChoice Office (Smith Campus Center, 750), Campus Service Center (Smith Campus Center, 807), HMS Commuter Services and Parking Office (180 B Longwood Ave, Room 132) and HBS Shad Operations Desk (HBS Shad Hall, Allston)
- Interoffice mail your pass to CommuterChoice at 1350 Massachusetts Ave, Room 750
Please do not add any passes or value to your existing WageWorks issued CharlieCard as you will not be able to recover it once the card is deactivated. Plastic cards will be sent to Terra Cycle and separated and molded into new recycled plastic products.