Online temporary permits can be instantly purchased and printed out for various parking lots and garages throughout campus.
To purchase daily and weekly permits for the 175 North Harvard Street Lot, Webster Field Lot or the Soldiers Field Park Garage, please use our FlexPort Parking portal.
Parking Services is transitioning to our new one-day Harvard Online Parking Permit System (HOPPS) on Tuesday, June 22, 2021. For assistance with this system, please see our Self-Service, Help and FAQs pages.
Please note that the permit must be printed and displayed in order to be valid.
This service allows Harvard faculty, staff and visitors more commuting options by purchasing daily temporary permits instantly and printing them from their home or office computers. Individuals and departments are able to purchase permits up to two weeks in advance for designated parking lots and facilities. This option has been implemented to aid in managing customers’ time and travel needs.
Along with greater convenience to our customers, this system allows Parking Services to better manage distribution of temporary permits. Parking Services' priority is to provide safe and reliable parking to our yearly permit holders. To guarantee there is no impact to our full-time parkers, we limit the availability of these temporary dashboard permits by locations, days, and times. Temporary permits are intended for occasional parkers and not for daily use by those applicants on wait lists.
This Web-based system is set to accept most major credit card transactions. CyberSource, a leader in secure credit card processing, serves as our web-based transaction vendor. 33-digit billing codes can also be used as an alternative payment method. Approved applicants may register up to five billing codes for payment. Please note that using Purchasing cards as a payment method is strongly discouraged by the University.
For any Harvard affiliate with a valid Harvard ID, access to the self service Online Daily Permit site is through Harvard University PIN system.
For any Harvard affiliate without a Harvard ID, you will first need to register on the self service Harvard Online Parking Permit System site. You will need your department name and corresponding department pass code along with your license plate number to register. You will also need this information each time you complete a transaction. Currently, department pass codes are the four-digit number assigned by Parking Services to each registered department. This information is available through your department's Transportation Coordinator. Any changes to the pass code in the future will be communicated to each Transportation Coordinator. If you are a Transportation Coordinator and you are unsure of the pass code, please contact our office at email@example.com. Personal account information for affiliates without a Harvard ID will need to be updated by each individual. Please note that you will need your license plate number each time you complete a transaction.
Once you purchase a permit, a confirmation will be sent to your email address verifying the transaction and fee. You will need to print out a copy of the permit and place it on your dashboard when you park. Failure to display the permit may result in ticketing and/or towing.
Feel free to browse through the Web site. Until you actually checkout with your selected permit(s), a transaction is not recorded. Please remove all selected permits from your shopping basket before you exit the Web site.
If you have any questions or comments about this site, please contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 617.496.7827. We will review your suggestions to help make this site an attractive parking option for visitors to Harvard University and a convenient mechanism for you and your department.
If you are new to using the self-service Online Daily Permit purchasing site, these tips might help you. For more assistance, please see the FAQs section.
- On the login screen, you may access the “Harvard Employee” selection if you have a valid Harvard ID and PIN. If you are unsure of your PIN, or if your PIN is not accepted, please visit the PIN Web site.
- If you do not have a valid Harvard ID and/or PIN, you may register as a visitor. After clicking on the “Visitor” selection on the main login page, you will be directed to either input your visitor username and password (if you have already set one up for this system) or register to create a new username and password.
- When creating a new visitor username and password, please complete all fields. If you are unsure of your Department and Department Code, please contact the Parking office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 617.496.7827.
- It is to your benefit to fill in all fields accurately on the Web site pertaining to contact and vehicle information. If an emergency situation arises that involves your vehicle, it is necessary for our office to have the proper contact and vehicle information to notify you immediately.
- Online permits may be purchased up to two weeks in advance. If a facility is not available for sale on a given day, this will be noted in the “Permit Date” selection.
- Sometimes, daily parking permits may be unavailable for a facility on a given day. If this happens, the system will notify you immediately, and you may either choose a different facility, or you may contact Parking Services to check if the permit may be purchased directly from the office.
- To purchase a permit for consecutive days, hold the Shift key or left mouse button down while selecting the appropriate dates.
- Once you choose a parking facility, and add a parking permit to your account, a list of your permit selections will appear. If you would like to add more permits, click the “Resume Purchasing” button. If you would like to remove permits, select which permit you’d like to remove, then click the “Remove Permits” button. If you are ready to purchase your permit(s), click the “Checkout” button.
- After entering your payment information, click on the active link of your permit name to open a graphic of the permit.
- Once this graphic is open, click the “Print” button on your Web browser. You must have the printed permit displayed on your dashboard in order to park.
How do I arrange for a one-day parking permit for any visitor to the University?
You or your guest may purchase a visitor's permit either from the Campus Service Center, or from the self-service Online Daily Permit purchasing system. The online system is highly recommended for its convenience and 24-hour availability. Permits must be purchased prior to arrival at the parking facility, and must be displayed at all times when parked on campus. If the permit is purchased at the Parking Office, payment may be made by cash, check, credit card, or 33-digit billing code. If the permit is purchased online, payment may be made by credit card (excluding University Purchasing Cards) or 33-digit billing code. Please note that a waiting period of up to 72 hours is possible for online billing code approval.
Permits may not be purchased over the phone. Except for the Business School (HBS) Lot, permits may not be purchased at any parking facility.
I keep getting an error message when trying to pay for my permit order. How can I complete the transaction?
Recent updated versions of select web browsers may not support the Online Daily Permit purchasing system. If you are receiving an error message when connecting to the CyberSource site, you can try to use a different web browser (i.e. Firefox, Safari, et cetera). If you are still experiencing difficulty, you can certainly contact our main office for assistance.
I need to purchase a visitor's permit at the last minute, after office hours, and I have no access to a computer. Can I still park on campus?
Cambridge/Allston Campus - The Parking Services Office is open Monday through Friday 9:00am-4:00pm and is available to answer questions regarding the purchasing of a temporary daily permit. If you do not have access to a computer on a weekday, please proceed to the Business School (HBS) Lot, which is staffed twenty-four hours a day, year-round. You may purchase a permit for the lot at the guard booth.
Longwood Campus - The Commuter Services and Parking Office is open Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm and is available to answer questions regarding the purchasing of a HLC permit. Unfortunately, if you do not have access to a computer after 4:30pm on a weekday there is no option to purchase a HLC daily parking permit.
How do I register a 33-digit billing code to use on the self-service Online Daily Permit system?
After logging in with your Harvard ID and PIN, click on the "My Account" button near the top of the screen. From here, click on the "ID Billing Profiles" button. You may add a new billing code, or modify or delete an existing one. If you are adding a billing code, please note that approval may take up to 72 hours.
Please note that online daily permits for the Longwood Medical campus cannot be purchased through departmental billing and will not appear as a form of payment should either parking location be included with your check-out
I'm trying to add a permit online, and the system is telling me the permit was already added. What can I do?
Please double-check the license plate number you have entered. If it is incorrect, there is a chance another person has entered that plate for the same facility (e.g.: if you entered "CRIMSON 1" instead of "CRIMSON 2", "CRIMSON 1" may have already purchased a permit for the same facility on the same date). This is rare, but it has happened. If your plate information is correct, click on the "My Basket" button near the top of the screen to review any permits you may have requested. If the desired permit appears, click the "Checkout" button to purchase this permit.
How do I cancel a visitor's permit I've purchased?
To cancel any visitor's permit purchased from the Parking Office or from the Online Daily Permit purchasing system, the permit must be returned to the Parking Office prior to the date printed on the permit. Cancellations will not be considered if the permit has expired.
Where are the parking facilities located on campus?
For information about parking locations for the Cambridge and Allston campuses, as well as directions to visitor parking facilities, please visit our Visitor Parking Information page.
For a map of the Longwood Campus, please visit their Visitor Parking Information page.