Harvard University Parking Services' Underutilized Parking option is available to all commuting faculty, staff and students. This offering includes a reduced-cost permit for a facility that Parking Services has identified as consistently exhibiting a large number of available spaces.
- Discounts apply if the underutilized location is the only location registered to the parker. Current rates can be found here
- Permits giving additional parking permissions (for example: Mobile or Dual/multi lot permits) do not qualify for the discount and will be charged the current rate for a non-discounted surface lot or garage
- The Underutilized Parking permit fee will increase annually at the same rate as other permit types
- Underutilized Parking permits may be restricted based on facility size and demand
- A wait list will be created if demand exceeds availability
- Parking Services reserves the right to change or relocate the Underutilized Parking facility based on operational needs
If you currently have a permit for another location but are interested in switching to this program, please contact the main office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 617-496-7827.