Nonresident Student Driver

Nonresident Student Driver

Nonresident Student Driver Statements And Decals

The Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Law requires out-of-state students bringing vehicles into the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to file a nonresident driver statement with the local police department in the city in which their university is located: "IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A NONRESIDENT STUDENT TO FAIL TO FILE A NONRESIDENT DRIVER STATEMENT WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT LOCATED IN THE SAME CITY OR TOWN AS THE SCHOOL OF COLLEGE ATTENDED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 3 OF CHAPTER 90 OF THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS. FAILURE TO FILE SUCH STATEMENT IS PUNISHABLE BY A FINE NOT TO EXCEED $200."


1. Complete the Nonresident Driver Statement:

2. Mail or bring the completed Nonresident Driver Statement to our offices or to the address below:

            The Parking Office

            Campus Service Center, 8th Floor

            1350 Massachusetts Avenue

            Cambridge, MA 02138

3. Upon receipt and processing, student will receive a nonresident student driver decal from the University Parking Office.

4. Display decal prominently in the uppermost center portion of the vehicle’s windshield.

    For Customer Service Support, Please Visit The Campus Service Center

    For information about visiting the Campus Service Center, click here.