Parking of PODS and Other Portable Moving Containers

Parking of PODS and Other Portable Moving Containers

Because the supply of on-site parking is very limited and for public safety reasons, Harvard University Parking Services is not able to accommodate requests for placement of PODS or other types of portable moving containers. Portable moving containers will not be allowed in any surface parking locations or parking garages that are managed by Parking Services.

If you are a current or future resident in a building managed by Harvard University Housing, please contact them to inquire if a portable moving container can temporarily be placed on the property where you reside.

We also want to remind you that parking on Cambridge, Boston, and Somerville streets is limited and in all cases temporary/visitor and resident permits must be obtained in advance of your move. For further information, please contact the appropriate office below:

Harvard University Housing

617 496-7827


Cambridge Traffic and Parking Department

617 349-4721


Somerville Traffic and Parking

617 666-3311 From inside Somerville dial 311


Office of the Boston Transportation Department

617 635-4682 (Resident Parking) or 617 635-4680 (Street Occupancy Permits)
Note: Street occupancy permits are issued only to licensed, registered moving companies that are bonded with the City of Boston Public Works Department (617 635-4909).

    For Customer Service Support, Please Visit The Campus Service Center

    For information about visiting the Campus Service Center, click here.